Choosing the Best Carbon Modular Helmet
Riding a motorbike requires a few important safety measures so that you remain protected even when you get into an accident. Regular helmets are great, but carbon fiber modular helmets are the new talk of the town.
Carbon fiber is a strong material, but helmets made out of this material are lightweight and easy on your neck. Furthermore, their rigidity can provide a greater level of protection in high-speed collisions.
So, if you’re looking for one, here are the five best carbon modular helmets for you to choose from!
The Best Carbon Modular Helmets
HJC RPHA 90S Carbon Helmet
The HJC RPHA 90S Carbon Helmet is available in six sizes and three options for the sun visor. It appears to be a full-face helmet, but it actually functions as a modular one.
The carbon fiber outer shell makes this helmet aerodynamic, so you can ride your bike comfortably at high speeds. The exterior is shock-resistant, comfortable, and lightweight because of the use of carbon and carbon-glass hybrid fabric in its build.
The wide eye port improves the peripheral vision of the rider by blocking sunlight and reducing eye strain as a result. Moreover, you can work the one-touch open/close locking mechanism for the chin bar and face shield with either hand according to your convenience.
Moreover, the MultiCool Interior offers quick drying of moisture, preventing bacteria growth. Not only that, but it is also a 3D-engineered low-noise interior that aims to significantly reduce noise disruption for the rider.
The helmet is designed to fit riders wearing eyewear. Another interesting feature is the construction of a recessed area to place custom speakers. This helmet follows DOT standards and is suitable for use while riding adventure tourers or street bikes.
- Has a Bluetooth-ready design that accepts SMART HJC 10B or 20B Bluetooth communicators
- Has an anti-fog, anti-scratch, smoke-tinted SunShield
- Has removable and washable cheek and crown pads
- Ergonomic design
- Bluetooth is not included but sold separately
- The size chart isn’t accurate to the dot and can be used for guidance only
- Since 1971, HJC has specialized in manufacturing motorcycle helmets exclusively.
- The combination of this extensive specialized manufacturing experience, innovative ideas, and reasonable pricing resulted in HJC’s success in worldwide markets.
- It is HJC’s continual goal to provide high quality, comfortable, and reasonably priced helmets to motorcyclists around the world …
LS2 Helmets Modular Vortex Helmet
The LS2 Helmets Modular Vortex Helmet has a matte carbon color and comes in three different shell sizes. A 100% 24K carbon fiber shell makes it a lightweight helmet, and the long oval tunnel design adds to its stability. On the other hand, the modular design makes the helmet easy to wear and remove.
A technical fabric liner with moisture-wicking properties keeps you cool. The 3D laser-cut pads are removable and washable and provide the utmost comfort and cooling effect. A quick-release chin strap ensures secure closure.
The helmet provides excellent ventilation with the fully adjustable chin, top, and exhaust ports, and channeled EPS. This feature is extremely helpful for anyone riding their bike in the summers. There is an easily operable one-finger sun visor and the vent switch on the chin bar, designed while keeping the convenience of the rider in mind.
A twin shield locking mechanism makes the locking and unlocking a lot easier. You can ride with both a full face or open face because of this helmets’ P/J certification!
- DOT and ECE 2205 certified
- Liners are removable, washable, and hypoallergenic
- Built-in, UV-resistant, and fog-resistant polycarbonate visors
- Customers have found the cheek padding to be a bit tight over the ears
- Twin Shield System drop down sunshield
- Adjustable vents
- Secure DOT approved quick-release chin strap is easy to open with a gloved hand
- The DOT approved Vortex is homologated as both a full face and an open face helmet
- Ultra-light Carbon Fiber Shell
AGV 2021 Men’s Sport Modular Tricolore Helmet Matte Black/Carbon M
This is a full-face modular helmet by AVG that’s entirely made out of carbon fiber, including the chin bar, making the helmet durable and extremely lightweight. Its shell shape has an aerodynamic design and ensures 0 dynamic weight when traveling at 80mph. The inclusion of a carbon chin guard opening system prevents any accidental openings.
A rear spoiler counters turbulence and gives high stability. This leads to a safe construction as the rider’s collarbones remain protected when encountering bumps. Ventilation is also taken care of with two adjustable front vents and one adjustable rear extractor.
The double crown pad feature is a definite crowd-pleaser in this helmet! According to the weather of your location, you can opt for either the Shalimar fabric to remain warm in the cold or Ritmo fabric to beat the heat.
On the other hand, the cheek pads are made out of Ritmo fabric which is moisture-wicking, quick-drying, anti-bacterial, and comfortable. An anti-scratch sun visor is integrated into the helmet, which you can remove without tools. The interior is easily removable and washable for easy maintenance.
- DOT and ECE 22.05 certified
- Lighter than most carbon modular helmets
- Ideal circulation of air to make the helmet breathable
- Comes with an adjustable sun visor and Pinlock antifog lens
- Double crown pad feature
- Two sizes of visor available to ensure the perfect fit for reducing noise and air drafts
- The fit is specially designed to be comfortable for glasses wearers
- Not easy to operate for people wearing gloves or those with big hands
- Some people found it difficult to lock the chin strap in some cases
AGV Sportmodular Stripes Helmet, Carbon/Red, Size: LG
The AGV Sportmodular Helmet is completely made out of carbon fiber. This ensures the highest level of protection; despite that, it is lightweight and comfortable. The shell is available in three sizes, while the 5-density EPS structure has been designed in four sizes, so you’re bound to find your perfect fit.
The helmets’ design offers a 190° horizontal view, keeping in mind the capability of a human eye. Excellent aerodynamic performance of the helmet greatly reduces any noise in your surroundings and minimizes distractions while riding. Moreover, the cheek pads included in the helmet are anti-bacterial, moisture-wicking, and comfortable to wear.
An integrated ventilated system (IVS) includes a large front vent, chin guard vent, and rear extractor hollowed out in the shell – all of these circulate a sufficient amount of air to the rider’s head. The helmet even has internal chin channels for equal distribution of air through the surface of the visor.
- DOT and ECE certified
- Reduces vibrations going to the collarbone
- Metal chin guard opening system and Visor Locking System (VSL) prevent accidental openings
- Provides excellent ventilation
- The mechanisms need to be broken for their smooth working
- The vents can be hard to use if you have your gloves on
- Entirely built in Carbon Fiber (shell and chin), this specific structure achieves the same protection performance of Pista GP R in an incredibly lightweight construction, combining the highest levels of comfort and safety
- Designed to offer 190° horizontal view as the human eye capability, Sport Modular has been conceived in the wind tunnel for superior quietness, aero stability and ventilation …
NEXX X.Vilitur Hyper-X Matte Carbon White Modular Motorcycle Helmet (XS)
The NEXX.X.Vilitur Modular Motorcycle Helmet is available in three sizes with the modern touches one would require today. The shell is made out of fiberglass, aramid, and carbon fiber and is aerodynamic.
To cover the basics, this helmet has all the necessary metal-locking mechanisms between the helmet chassis and the chin bar to ensure safe riding. This includes the all-metal super locker 360° double pivot system for securely locking the chin bar.
Double rubber seals at the chin bar and face shield promise a relaxing experience while you ride your bike by isolating sound. There are two intake and exhaust vents each to allow comfortable breathing.
This helmet is compatible with the Nexx X-Com 2 Bluetooth headset. Not only that, but it has two mounting brackets for action cameras.
- DOT and ECE approved
- Soft anti-sweat and anti-allergic X.MART DRY fabric liners are removable and washable
- Has a pin lock-ready shield that is optically correct and scratch-resistant
- Panoramic eye port allows for a wider vision ahead of you
- Mortofit ergonomic cheek pads make the helmet great for people with glasses
- Only compatible with its own Bluetooth set, which is sold separately
- Pinlock is not included in the package
- Carbon Fiber Shell
- Homologation: DOT FMVSS 218 (ECE/22-05 COMPLIANT)
- Aerodynamic design: developed to minimize fatigue on long trips with the mask closed or open.
- Soft anti-sweat & anti-allergic fabric inner lining. Removable & washable lining
- 360º Super Locker with double pivot for maximum mask safety when raised …
FAQs About Carbon Helmets
Why Are Carbon Helmets Expensive?
The making of carbon fiber cloth is a complex and time-consuming manufacturing process. Moreover, shaping this material into a helmet with all the required features to guarantee comfort and safety at the highest level requires quite a bit of labor. Considering all these things, it is no surprise that carbon helmets come at high prices.
Why Are Carbon Fiber Helmets So Popular?
Most materials for helmets are used in a higher quantity to make them strong and durable, ultimately increasing their weights – a trade-off between safety and comfort. Carbon fiber resolves this issue because its molecular structure gives amazing results when considering its strength-to-weight ratio. Carbon fiber has been used in the military, aircraft industry, and motorsports for a long time to attain desired products.
You should not compromise safety or comfort when riding your bike. Carbon fiber modular helmets can help you do just that. So, if you’re looking for one, go through our list above again to find the most suitable one for yourself.
Even though these helmets are an expensive purchase, they are built to last you a lifetime. Ultimately, they prove to be an investment in your safety!
TopGearSuperstore.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.