An essential piece of gear that you need to have when you hit the road is a good helmet. It doesn’t just act like a safety feature, but it also allows for music streaming and GPS services thanks to the built-in technology. To help you find the one most suited to your needs, we have compiled the best ones in the market below.
Best 10 Modular Motorcycle Helmets with Bluetooth
Bluetooth functionality in helmets opens up various possibilities. For instance, it allows you to enjoy music during your ride. Here are some of the best helmets with Bluetooth.
1. FreedConn BM2-S Flip Up Modular Bluetooth Motorcycle Helmet
This FreedConn Motorcycle Helmet BM2-S is a top player in the market. It is great for a regular day and for snowmobile and skiing as well. It offers up to 8 hours of uninterrupted talk-time and music streaming from multiple devices.
The most useful feature of this helmet is the GPS, and the call reject feature, which means no interruptions. It is compatible with all Android, Apple, and MP3 devices and has a range of up to 500 meters with three riders pairing. It also offers up to 12 hours of phone talking, 9 hours of intercom talking, and 120 hours of standby time.
Users also benefit from DSP Echo cancellation and noise suppression technology that has been used for better riding experience. The V3.0 and EDR Bluetooth allow for excellent connectivity throughout all devices. It also offers one-touch control for receiving or rejecting calls and last number redial. Its adjustable ventilation system means the user is in control, which is essential when riding at high speeds.
- Supports MP3 music, FM radio, and GPS voice prompt
- It comes with multitasking technology that lets you take calls while navigating or listening to music via Bluetooth.
- Has cleared DOT Safety Standard
- Speakers work efficiently even at super-high speeds
- Easily operable and comfortable full-face helmet
- It makes a sound when you switch between features
- The visor has the tendency to be covered with fog under certain climatic conditions
2. TORC T27 Full Face Modular Helmet
The T27 is a ground-breaking innovation for those who love good design. It also has great functionality and is feature-rich. It is offered at a great price point and is the least bulky helmet of its type.
It features advanced EPS technology, which allows for compactness and equal protection. Its design offers maximum air intake without any sound distortions, which means you get great user experience. The liner is removable so you can wash it and put it back on, and it is fully compatible with any Bluetooth-enabled cell phone.
- The most lightweight helmet in the market
- The shield is designed to be anti-fog and anti-scratch
- Has a single button latch system
- Drop-down visor offers protection against sunlight
- Has a quick release shield system
- If the Bluetooth remains inactive, the battery goes into sleep mode and will require some time before it activates again.
- The visor is not made for foggy areas
3. YEMA YM-926 Motorbike Moped Street Bike Racing Flip-up Helmet
The YEMA helmet is designed with a drop-down visor mechanism, so you get a good price value. The best thing about this one is its one-button release mechanism for the front chin latching bar. Its overall shape is oval; it is the most comfortable fit for most users.
The best thing about this YEMA helmet is its Aerodynamic ABS shell that comes with Multi-density EPS to provide the ultimate riding experience. It also has a rock-hard chin strap with a fast-release buckle to offer protection under dire circumstances. Its sun visor system and adjustable ventilation system offer comfort to the user under any climatic condition. Users also get the benefit of having an adjustable liner and pads with extra space for glasses.
- The visor is able to take a great impact without even cracking
- Fully scratch-resistant surface and interior
- Large field of frontal and downward vision for a better riding experience
- Quick-release visor in case of emergencies
- It has space to keep glasses inside
- It is one of the more expensive options in the market
- It does not offer protection against fog
4. TORC T15B Bluetooth Integrated Full Face Motorcycle Helmet
TORC is one of the most recognizable brands in the market. This unit comes with universal Bluetooth connectivity and supports up to 3 riders for communication purposes within 1000m. Users can easily answer, reject, or dial calls while listening to music.
It features a 400-meter intercom with a dual stereo speaker, so you get crystal-clear communication experience. Because of its adjustable chin vent and exhaust spoiler at the back, the user gets better breathability. It can easily sustain for up to 600 hours and comes with a free power charger. There is also a call-reject option and a built-in anti-noise microphone.
The lithium battery offers a longer shelf life and 24 hours of talk time. It has a built-in FM radio and also supports GPS so you can navigate anywhere without any worry. Its helmet size is also known to be quite comfortable for most users. The helmet is also fully compatible with all Android and Apple phones.
- Built-in spoiler prevents wind noise and stabilizes it at higher speeds
- Has a race-inspired design with the best air ventilation system in the market
- Features a scratch-resistant and fog-free shield
- The design offers a drop-down sun visor
- It has washable inner comfort padding
- The music may sometimes experience skipping in playback mode
- User may experience some noise due to wind when riding at high speeds
5. TORC Unisex Full-face Style T28B Bluetooth Integrated Motorcycle
This is another great TORC helmet that offers aesthetics and comfort in a single model. Users can single-handedly be in control of various features thanks to its single-button system. The best thing about this helmet is its film-down shield, which offers excellent protection against sunlight.
TORC helmets usually feature a 400m intercom with a dual stereo speaker and a free power charger. The features that set this model apart are the call reject option and the built-in anti-noise microphone. Both these features combine to make a huge difference in the overall riding experience.
It has a lithium battery which offers 24 hours of talk-time and 600 hours of standby. Its ventilation is also adjustable, which offers the users a lot of flexibility in different climatic conditions. It has Bluetooth 2.0 EDR, which is compatible with both Android and Apple models.
- Has an extremely lightweight body and interior
- Equipped with a single-button latch system
- Drop-down sun visor provides good protection against sunlight
- The design allows for ventilation adjustment
- Washable and removable inner comfort padding
- The shield is anti-fog and anti-scratch
- It is not very affordable for most users
- Users may experience some noise at high speeds due to wind
6. AHR Run-B Bluetooth Motorcycle Modular Helmet Full
This one is the best motorcycle helmet to get if simplicity is what you are going for. It offers a Bluetooth headset for hands-free communication and other features to keep you entertained. The best thing about this is that it is heavily cushioned to provide you maximum comfort and safety, and the material is tough enough to endure high impact. It is one of the more lightweight and affordable options in the market.
This AHR helmet offers a range of up to 11 yards for cell phones and up to 1094 yards for the intercom function. It has a working speed of up to 62 mph and comes with a 450 mAh lithium battery for the headset, taking only 3 hours to charge. With Bluetooth 3.0, users can connect it with most Bluetooth devices like smartphones, MP3 players, GPS, etc. It also has an intercom function that lets up to 3 riders communicate at the same time within the distance of 1094 yards.
- Smart call dialing, rejecting, and receiving options for easy use
- Built-in FM radio and music streaming options included
- It supports GPS voice prompt
- DSP Noise Control Technology prevents background noise to allow for good sound quality at high speeds
- Can seamlessly switch modes between a phone call, intercom, and music
- Longer battery life that can go for 300 hrs on standby mode
- Too light-weight for some users
- Tendency to fog under certain climatic conditions
7. Bell Revolver Evo Modular Motorcycle Helmet
Bell is one of the most sought-after helmets in the market because their R&D team is the best. They have gone beyond everyone’s expectations with the Revolver EVO. It has unique features that make it stand out from others in the market, such as the redesigned eye port seal and flip-down sun-shade. It has an extremely lightweight construction thanks to its polycarbonate shell.
This Bell helmet features an optional tinted shield and has an aerodynamic polycarbonate body. Its drop-down and click-release shield allows for greater ease of use. Equipped with integrated speakers, it also has padded chin straps for added support. It is approved by DOT and offers a five-year warranty certification, which reiterates its reliability.
- Fastest release shield in the market with an adjustable ventilation system
- The shield is not only anti-fog and anti-scratch, but also UV-protected
- Tinted and drop-down sun shield for maximum sunlight protection
- Contoured cheek pads for added comfort
- Removable and washable interior
- Chin curtain to avert cold air inside the helmet
- The upper vents have the tendency to jangle a bit
- The cutouts in its design can let some noise in.
8. Scorpion EXO Unisex-Adult Modular Motorcycle Helmet
Scorpion helmets have been around for a long time because of their reliability. This one offers a unique external peak visor that can be removed to get an aerodynamic touring helmet. Its materiality is lightweight, but it offers maximum protection.
Scorpion helmets are known for their advanced LG polycarbonate shell body, which is the best when it comes to offering high impact protection, and this one is no different. It also has a dual-density EPS and an aero-tuned ventilation system. Its shield is anti-fog, which means you get 20/20 vision no matter what the climate is. Another added feature for ensuring a good vision is its over-sized eye-port.
Users also benefit from a peripheral vision along with a modular chin bar, which can easily be lifted when you want to take a break and communicate at the gas station. It is compatible with Android, Apple, and MP3 devices.
- Its visor is super adjustable and easy to use
- It has an aerodynamic and super lightweight construction
- The helmet has an adjustable ventilation system
- Its lining material is absorbent which is great for hot climates
- The Bluetooth has universal connectivity
- There may be some sound interruption during communication at higher speeds
- Its audio has less bass than its substitutes in the market.
9. Shoei GT-Air 2 Helmet
Shoei helmets are known for their reliability. They offer a 7-year warranty, which is proof of that, and the same is the case with the GT-Air 2. It has been on every rider’s radar since 2013 when it was released. It offers style and functionality in a single design to offer an elevated user experience.
This Shoei helmet features an optional SENA SRL 2 Bluetooth integrated unit with CNS-1 face shield and base-plate system. The clear face shield and internal sun visor mean you get a crisp vision. It offers up to 10 hours of talk time and has an extended QSV-2 inner sun shield for improved coverage. Its Bluetooth is compatible with all Android and Apple devices, and its aerodynamic shell design is one of the best in the market.
- The shield is slightly open-able to get rid of fog on the shield at low speed.
- Available in various color combinations
- Takes clear voice commands without wind interruption
- It is offered at a very reasonable price
- The chin strap fits very comfortably
- There is no call reject feature
- The call volume needs to be set on full when riding at high speeds.
10. LEXIN FT4 Pro Motorcycle Bluetooth Headset
Lexin FT4 Pro is the first of its kind. It has a hands-free utility headlamp, which is very useful under a lot of circumstances. It has a unique sound system that outperforms its competitors, and it offers high sound quality at its price.
This is unlike the other helmets as it allows for up to 4 riders to communicate over long ranges, and that too with crystal clear voice commands. It has an LED light integrated inside, which means you can ride without a worry in low-light conditions. You can even set the light according to your preference.
Equipped with LexinPulse 40MM speakers, it is sure to offer crisp sounds without interruptions or delays. It also features a patented utility headlamp and an optional SoS Mode for a low-light environment. Users also benefit from the simultaneous 4-way connection and the 4.0 Bluetooth Headset, which offers versatility in music streaming systems.
- It is the first hands-free utility headlamp
- The sound system features new 40MM Ultra loud and clear speakers
- It has an extended battery life of 800MaH as compared to standard 600MaH in most helmets
- Offers up to 18 hours of music and 15 hours of talk-time
- Users can pick and choose the RGB LED Trim light color as per their preference.
- The Bluetooth charging port can be difficult to locate
- Its cheek pads can loosen up at higher speeds
Types of Bluetooth Motorcycle Helmets
When in the market, you are likely to come across two main Bluetooth motorcycle helmets. Both are efficient in their own ways, and you will have to choose between them as per your own personal preferences;
Pre-Installed Bluetooth Helmet
This type of motorcycle helmet usually features built-in Bluetooth hardware. Bluetooth is made part of the design process. In these helmets, the aesthetics are usually better, and they make for a great choice for beginners as they are ready to wear and do not call for extra instructions for installation. They are super easy to use and work effectively.
This option is sought by those who already own a comfortable helmet and are only looking to add Bluetooth functionality for added comfort. Some helmets have space for incorporating a Bluetooth unit in them. But apart from that, there are other methods to attach a Bluetooth device to any helmet using screws or clips.
Bluetooth Helmet Benefits
All brands committed to designing Bluetooth-compatible helmets have one single purpose: to offer maximum benefits under an affordable price range. Professional riders need flexibility in their helmets with a single touch. This is why helmets designed with Bluetooth offer a lot more at that price point. Some other benefits most helmets have are listed below;
For users seeking hands-free options for better navigation control and for communication with other riders, voice prompt should be at the top of your priority list. You might have to set it on your own in some helmets if you wish to make calls or any other adjustments, which can be time-consuming. In that case, you can look for helmets that offer automatic adjustments.
Apart from offering a crisp signal for music and communication, you should also look for a helmet that can cancel noise. A good sound system will prevent any distortions and allow for a great experience. Most Bluetooth-enabled helmets come with dual stereo speakers and noise cancellation features.
With a good helmet, you should be able to navigate and access controls easily. If they are hard to get a hold of, it can become very difficult to operate the helmet, especially when you are riding at higher speeds. Always go for a helmet with a more ergonomic design rather than one that offers a sea of functions.
Number of Riders
If you are looking to connect with other riders, other riders also need to have Bluetooth-integrated devices. Some helmets allow connection with only up to 3 riders at a time, while others let you communicate with up to 8 riders.
Apart from the two key features, most helmets have something that would set them apart from the competition. You are likely to find features such as a camera. This can come in handy on trips. However, a more useful add-on feature is a GPS system, which makes navigation a lot easier.
Helmets come in a variety of shapes and sizes. Oval-shaped helmets are known to be the most comfortable fit for most users, but you should try others just to make sure you are investing in a comfortable helmet. You can also find options such as full-face, off-road, modular, open-face, and half helmets; each of them caters to a specific user need.
When choosing which helmet to go for, you should keep some features in mind, which will help you enhance your riding experience. Good brands take pride in their technologies, and they will never miss out on these two key features if they want to stand out in the market;
Devices equipped with Bluetooth don’t have the ability to cover very large ranges. This is why the receiving device has to be close enough for the user to get good connectivity while communicating or listening to music or simply navigating. This feature is an absolute must, and a good Bluetooth system will allow you to communicate over a decent distance of 1000m.
A good Bluetooth helmet should not take a very long time to charge, so in case you forget to charge your battery before a trip, you won’t be left stranded. High powered helmets and those that offer multiple features may take longer to charge, so if this is your main concern, you should look for ones with longer standby time. The best helmets can last up to 600 hours.
Motorcycle helmets with Bluetooth make for a great choice. They offer not only complete protection, but also multiple features alongside such as music streaming, GPS directions, and seamless communication with not only one, but up to three other riders. You should be careful when you choose one as Bluetooth-integrated helmets cannot be fully repaired, but many brands offer replacement parts, which is a relief.
To conclude, Bluetooth motorcycle helmets include all the essentials that you should have while riding and make for a great investment. You can find great options in all price ranges, from open-face to full-face helmets. Many brands also offer variety in color, and you can find LED lights inside some if you are willing to pay more, which means you can now ride in low-light conditions without any worries.