A helmet is an essential part of the riding gear. Modular helmets protect the rider’s brain, head, eyes, and mouth area from fractures and injuries and help achieve optimum air regulation with its flip-open design. This article will share the list of top-class models of quiet modular helmets with you, suitable for almost all types of bikes.
9 Quietest Modular Motorcycle Helmets
ILM Bluetooth Integrated Modular Flip up Full Face Motorcycle Helmet
Made from tough ABS plastic, the product boasts excellent and long-lasting durability, coupled with high impact-resistance. The outer shell is strong enough to survive severe collisions without undergoing deformation or cracking. Ultimately, it successfully keeps the rider safe and comfortable. For this reason, the helmet is backed by the well-recognized DOT (Department of Transportation) and ECE safety ratings.
Another major innovation that will catch your attention is the Bluetooth feature. It supports 3.0 Bluetooth that allows us to receive and make phone calls instantly. Moreover, it can simultaneously connect to three riders wearing a compatible helmet and located in a long-distance range.
You can also avail of the Intercom service via Bluetooth and can communicate with two passing-by riders on the go.
The interior consists of removable liners and can be retracted whenever you feel the need to wash or replace them.
- Bluetooth 3.0 Technology. 8 Hours of Talk Time and 110 Hours of Standby. Fully Washable Microfiber Liner and Adjustable Vents. This Helmet May Run 1 Size Smaller Due to Built-in Bluetooth Module. The size of this helmet: M: 55-56CM, L: 57-58CM, XL: 59-60CM.
- One Touch Control for Calling, Answering, Rejecting Incoming Calls and Redialing. Incoming Phone Call Overrides Intercom, Music, FM Radio and GPS Navigation Audio …
YEMA YM-926 Motorbike Moped Street Bike Racing Flip-up Helmet
The ABS thermoplastic in this unit, qualified in FMVSS 218 testing and approved by DOT, is a remarkable choice for the outer shell material. Due to this material, the helmet acquires wonderful impact-sustaining power and resists chemical corrosion to a great extent.
Apart from that, thick EPS cushion-like pads cover the whole inner surface of the product. EPS pads are quite efficient at dampening a significant amount of shocks and jerks. As a result, the rider stays safe and experiences no head-wrecking impacts throughout the rough terrain and in accidents as well.
Vents have been included in the construction to maintain proper airflow. These vents are adjustable, meaning you can select the intake amount of the fresh air according to the weather conditions.
With a scratch-resistant sun visor, the helmet beats the competition. You can simply remove this tinted shield and install a fresh one. In addition, you can also replace it with any colorless, plain visor. In summers, when you need extra airflow, just flip up the sun shield and ride the vehicle at peace.
- Advanced Modular/flip Up and Dual Lens Design (Inner Smoked Lens/outer Clear Shield).
- Comfortable Inner Padding, Removable Washable Cheek Pads.
- Fully Adjustable Intake and Exhaust Vents to Keep Cool.
- Streamlined Aerodynamic Design Reduces Wind Noise and Drag.
- DOT Approved Quick Release Strap for a Secure Fit and Easy on and Off.For Dirt Bike ,Snowmobile,Quad, Adventure and Much More …
ScorpionExo Covert Unisex-Adult Half-Size-Style Matte Black
This helmet is engineered with polycarbonate, which owns amazing strength and insulating properties. The material is generally used for making equipment that requires next-level durability and needs to withstand clashes and harsh weather situations. Thus, the helmet turns out to be exceptionally great at dealing with traffic conditions and climatic severities.
At the front, you will find a drop-down sun visor that accompanies fog-resistant coating on each side to prevent fog accumulation. A clear visor is also given in the package so you can switch between the two visors as needed.
The rear-bottom end entails a sleeve that can be removed to let more air enter the helmet. This way, you can control air circulation accordingly. Other than this, multiple vents also do the job of removing hot flushes and taking fresh oxygen inside.
Because of having a Kwikwick liner, the interior remains odorless, and the rider stays dry. The fabric soaks the sweat fast and traps the unwanted and infectious microorganisms effectively. After heavy use, feel free to slide this liner out and wash it with ease.
- Advanced LG Polycarbonate Shell: Developed exclusively by Scorpion, our industry-leading polycarbonate shell is engineered to minimize weight and disperse impact. Dual Density EPS. Aero-Tuned Ventilation System
- EverClear SpeedView Drop-Down SunVisor: Retractable tinted sun-visor that eases eye strain instantly in varying light conditions. EverClear coating is applied to both sides for a fog-free ride. Comes with dark smoke installed and an additional clear visor for night-time riding …
FreedConn Bluetooth Integrated Motorcycle Helmet DOT Full Face BM12 Communication System
This Bluetooth-enabled helmet has numerous unique benefits to provide. With Bluetooth connectivity, it establishes a strong connection with up to three devices in the range of 500 meters or two helmets through Intercom connectivity. This feature aids the user in communicating with anyone via incoming phone calls.
Most interestingly, the shell is waterproof, so you can make calls and stay in touch with fellow riders in the rain as well with no fear of water intrusion.
Moreover, it is equipped with advanced speakers that deliver clear and loud sounds, even at fast speeds. Noise-controlling technology makes sure that no outside sounds influence the performance of the speakers.
- [ 3.0 Bluetooth Motorcycle Helmets ] : Equipped with Bluetooth 3.0 version ,keep you connected with cellphone, music player and GPS system easily and stably. Up to 9 hours intercom time, 12 hours phone time, 120 hours standby time, makes team motorbike communication more convenient and efficient.What's more we had meets and exceeds both ECE & DOT safety standards …
Shoei Men’s Rf-1200 Full Face Motorcycle Helmet
Aim+ shell, the signature material of Shoei helmets, is employed to manufacture this particular helmet. It is super lightweight, yet endures heavy impacts extraordinarily. The exterior is coupled with an opportunistic interior, which possesses a set of liners of different densities. Consequently, more sweat absorption, jerk reduction, and odor dispersion take place.
The well-built frame has DOT and SNELL certifications. Thus, you can get the idea of how impressively it accomplishes the intended task.
It includes a chin strap to keep your chin off the direct contact with the helmet, as the helmet can hurt the chin and leave ugly marks on it. For the safety of the cheeks, there are pads specifically involved in its construction.
Being a protective gear, it comes with a CWR-1 shield combined with adjustable, spring-assisted base plates and a quick-release mechanism. With the help of a rotating knob, tune the base plate and make adjustments in the position of the visor.
- Compact lightweight aerodynamic design
- Ventilation performance
- Pinlock Anti-Fog System
- Dual layer/multi-density EPS liner
- Chin curtain
HJC 980-614 IS-MAX II Modular Motorcycle Helmet
The polycarbonate construction of this unit excels at surviving accidental collisions and resists breakages efficiently. Meanwhile, on the inner side, there are cushioned padding and breathable liners made from a sweat-absorbing and antimicrobial material.
Apart from this, the design embodies a chin bar and cheek pads for additional safety. Moreover, it has two visors; a shaded one and the other is clear and colorless. The tinted visor, intended to protect from UV rays and sunlight, can be adjusted and locked in three positions; no-shield, half-face, and full-face. Also, this visor can be taken apart at the push of an easy-to-reach button.
So, if you want to attach any other face shield, you can mount it effortlessly. However, the internal visor alone will also be fine for a cloudy day or night.
For ventilation, it introduces vents at the front and rear parts so that cool air enters from the front end and compels the heat to escape from the rear.
Shoei GT-Air 2 Helmet
The visor assembly is composed of a QSV-2 shield, placed on the inner side, having an anti-glare coating to make the helmet favorable for all lighting conditions. Due to this visor, the biker will be able to witness a wide, accurate, and clear view. There is a cracked-open slit at the edge of the visor that helps in dissipating the fog.
The MultiPly Matrix AIM shell is the reason behind its astounding and nearly invincible strength. It smoothly and comfortably guards the head in accidents. Beneath this shell, there is a cozy interior comprising many layers of EPS lining. The intensity of bumps and hits diminishes because of this foam liner.
The cheek pads make the fitting more precise and provide stability to the helmet. Moreover, these pads also play a crucial part in keeping the face or jaw at a safe distance from the frame.
- GT-Air II Design Concept.Released in 2013, as SHOEI's premium touring full-face helmet with an internal sun shield, the original SHOEI GT-Air established this type of helmet as a functional and stylish alternative appreciated by many riders, owing to
- SHOEI has now released the all-new GT-Air II, a helmet that evolves the GT-Air's functionality, performance, and design primarily for touring use to a new, higher level of experience.The SHOEI GT-Air II integrates the optional SENA SRL 2 Bluetooth com …
ILM Motorcycle Dual Visor Flip up Modular Full Face Helmet
The foam interior is embedded in the ABS frame. This shell offers high resistance to corrosion, disintegration, distortion, and impacts, and it’s not merely a claim. In fact, DOT has acknowledged the product as user-friendly and satisfactory life-saving equipment. To top it off, it does not lay cumbersome weight on the skull.
The inclusion of dual visors makes it more classy and increases its worth exponentially. Before the face comes a black shield, which is operated by a button situated on the left side. This visor has the characteristics to stop UV light and sunlight from affecting the biker’s viewing abilities.
Ahead of the dark visor, there is a clear outer face shield dedicated to enhancing the view and eliminating the fog developing on it. It also possesses scratch-resistant properties, meaning the clarity remains untarnished, even on regular use.
If you want to use only one visor at a time, it’s very simple. Just detach the clear visor and enjoy the shaded lens, or flip up the inner visor to make the most of the clear visor.
- High Resistance ABS Shell With Micrometrically Adjustable Strap
- Meets or Exceeds FMVSS-218 and DOT Safety Standards
- Helmet Liner / Cheek Pads are Lightweight, Soft and Easily Removable and Washable
- Sleek and Lightweight Design Reduces Wind Noise
- Modular Flip-Up Function Anti-Scratch, Anti-Fog and Wide View Clear Visor …
AHR Run-M Full Face Flip up Modular Motorcycle Helmet
Having so many attractive features, this is another DOT-standard helmet making up our list. First of all, let’s consider its interior.
Generous padding has been carried out on the internal plane right under the ABS shell. This lining absorbs shocks and reduces their effects before they reach the head. Likewise, the fabric is also gentle to the skin and poses no risk of fungal or bacterial skin diseases.
In total, the frame has six vents distributed all over it. Hence, the chances of fog buildup and suffocation are already zeroed out. The biker inhales soothing air coming from the front vents and feels cool as exhausts throw the body heat out of the equipment. Drastic reduction in noise will also be noticed while the vents are sealed.
The sun visor, along with a clear visor, enables the rider to show off his riding skills at any hour of the day. In the daytime, use the dark shield to have a better view under the scorching sunbeams, and drop the clear shield down at night for a clearer view.
- Reliable High Quality - AHR RUN-M Modular flip up motorcycle helmet, meets or exceeds DOT safety standards to ensure your safety, features advanced flip up design that enables you to get more air or grab a bite to eat without taking the whole helmet off
- Make Your Driving Much Safer - Upgraded lightweight ABS shell with a thick, high density fully vented EPS liner; ventilation opening system for air intake and exhaust, which brings you a better protection and comfortable wearing during riding …
Importance of Quiet Motorcycle Helmet
Motorcycle helmets have come up with unprecedented features that are advantageous to riders in several ways. Let’s go through this brief section to discover what these features are and how they are important to us.
Peaceful and Safe for Ears
When you ride a bike, the engine produces sounds harmful for the ear. And in case of a heavy bike, these noises may rise up to 115 decibels, which is far above the normal sound level. Besides being unhealthy, the sounds bother your concentration as well.
So, to avoid bad incidents from happening and to save hearing abilities, everybody should grab a quiet helmet that inhibits the penetration of sound waves, thereby decreasing the overall intensity of the noise heard by the rider.
Protection from Impacts and Injuries
The exterior is made to remain intact on collision with heavy objects and save the sensitive head and facial organs from irreparable fractures.
The interior also houses multiple layers of foam pads and liners to lower the impacts. Thus, it’s necessary to cover the head with a helmet on every ride in order to protect the precious and irreplaceable body parts.
Quiet helmets usually come with two types of visors or shields; dark shield and a clear shield. The dark visor is important to ensure UV protection, whereas the clear shield allows the user to keep a keen eye on the road and surroundings with the eyes and nose covered.
Since quiet modular helmets have so much importance in our life, we should make sure that we don’t head out to a ride without a helmet. We suggest you pick any model from the above-reviewed products, which goes with your needs, comfort zone, and budget.